Contemporary Technology to This Day
The company was founded in 1868 by Alex van Gülpen, Johann Heinrich Lensing and Theodor von Gimborn in Emmerich. The original name was „Emmericher Maschinenfabrik & Eisengießerei van Guelpen, Lensing & von Gimborn“.
The company’s purpose was the development of roasting technologies and the production of roasting machines for refining green coffee. This objective was successfully achieved by constantly bringing to market new and innovative products.
An in-house Museum for Coffee Technology in Emmerich documents the history of technological developments impressively.