The degree of roast of the coffee is crucial for the coffee quality. Coffee producers develop a certain degree of roast defined by market enquiries, long years of experience and intense sensory analysis by specialists.
The colour of the coffee – measured in the ground coffee condition – is the most reliable sign to determine the degree of roast. The roast master is in the position to control and check the roasting process. By using Colorette 3b the roast master has the ability to check the quality of the roasted coffee.
The Colorette 3b offers:
- High measuring accuracy
- Easy handling of the sample preparation
- Programme-controlled measuring process (menu-controlled)
- Programme-controlled calibration
- Recalibration via key-press
- Incorporated printer for: sample number, date, colour value, hour, roaster number
- Display as well as printout adjustable in different languages
- Portable laboratory equipment
- 2-Point calibration with grey reference plates with fixed colour values